Visitors

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Crouton

Crouton began his life as a breakfast meal for a future slithery serpent. Crouton was born to be food. We bought him to be food for my son's snake. Things went terribly wrong when Crouton refused to be eaten by a slow snake getting ready to shed. So we tried to keep Crouton as a pet for a few days. My daughter tried to tame him and we fed him croutons as the snake slowly became hungry.

Tonight we had a new visitor. A cute little green tree frog appeared on our window and my son fought to keep the frog in place of the mouse especially since the snake was becoming increasingly hungry.

Before I could cast my vote, Crouton was snapped from his now stinky little aquarium and offered to the serpent as a late night snack.

Crouton was a good pet for the few days we had him and my daughter is in tears over the loss. I can only explain it as the circle of life and offer my sympathy. Life is a difficult lesson for the young.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Lisa,
Thanks for leaving your comment in my blog (http://fotosdetdf.blogspot.com).
I am having a look at yours and it looks fine to me, but it requires bit of attention (reading)that I can not do now, it´s almost midnight here in argentina.
Let´s keep in touch
Regards
Steve Makin
my e-mail:fotos.riogrande@gmail.com

johnchuang said...

Also a difficult lesson for us all.

Rivr Media Studios said...

Thanks Steve...
Johnchuang...it's amazing what wonders additional pets can do! We've since added 2 more tree frogs to our collection. (Although Crouton is still missed!)